Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ruby Sparks (2012)

Rating: 85%
Okay so a little before I took my little break for school and other stuff, I kind of heard about this movie. One of my friends was reviewing it so I became a little curious and decided to just borrow it from the library and watch it having little to no idea what it really is or what it really was about. So as a result, here is my review for Ruby Sparks.

Plot: Calvin is a young novelist who struggles to think of a new story to write after the success of his early novel. One night he has a dream of a girl that he meets which inspires him to write a story about her and naming her Ruby Sparks. He begins to get truly into writing it, but one day he finds Ruby in his house as an actual person, and that his further writing affects her to change.

So what did I think about this film? It actually turned out to be really nice. The story was actually very well written, I was able to attach to the characters really well, they were all well acted, and the film really took its time with just about everything that happens. It was also clever, it had its amusing moments, it had its sad moments, sometimes it was very sweet and romantic, sometimes it was deep, and sometimes it just let itself be what it really is and not try to be anything more then that. Did it have some downs? Sure. I mean it had some cliches that maybe weren't huge but at least noticeable, and there would sometimes be something about the character or their past (mostly with Calvin) that I wish I would get to know more about. But even then, most of these issues turned out to be very minor comparing to everything else with the film.

And that's my review for Ruby Sparks. If you've never heard of it up till now and barely know a thing about it aside from what I have already said, you should check it out. I for one am glad that I used my lack of knowledge about it to my advantage to just simply enjoy a plain good well made movie and I'm sure that you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment