Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

Rating: 90%
Okay so the Oscars are coming and I have unfortunately been unable to find the time to review Zero Dark Thirty or Beasts of the Southern Wild even though I saw them weeks ago. So sorry that it's taken so long for me to do that, and let's finally fix that starting with Zero Dark Thirty.

Plot: In 2003 a young CIA officer named Maya has focused on her brief career on intelligence in trying to find and capture Osama Bin Laden. So she is reassigned to the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan where she works with her fellow officer, Dan at a black site where they are interrogating a detainee named Ammar.

Good movie? Oh yeah. Might win best picture? ...no. I mean I stand by when I say it's a great movie. The acting was great, Jessica Chastain have us a well done performance, there was some really well done suspenseful moments, and they gave us a very descriptive story. I thin one of the big things to appreciate with this film especially that my mom pointed out one the way home from seeing this movie is how they really showed that while we finally got Osama Bin-Laden, we have gone through a lot of serious and dark crap to do so over this past decade. Also as some critics seem to point out, it leaves you to somewhat interpret in your own way if we price we paid to kill Bin-Laden was worth it.  Do I see it winning best picture? Eh...it has a shot. I mean personally, I still enjoyed Lincoln more, but I wouldn't have any big problem if this film wins. 

And that's my review for Zero Dark Thirty. Its got great acting, very well written story, good suspenseful scenes, it's a very enjoyable film altogether.  

No comments:

Post a Comment