Friday, December 17, 2010

Tangled (2010)

My Rotten Tomatoes rating: 80%


the thing is, when some of my friends here gave their reviews to this, it made be believe this was going to be another princess and the frog for Disney which i liked. but while it did the same thing with most things from princess and the frog, it did much better with some of the music and especially with the comedy.

plot: It was pretty good. I mean sure it's another princess story, but they added more into it that made it much more interesting.

Music: That "I had a dream" song...Bland. Just Bland. You might like it...but as far as Disney goes, i was disappointed. I really liked "I see the Light" it was a pretty nice song. The villain song was nice too. not dark or anything but just nice.


Characters
Rapunzel: I personally didn't really like Rapunzel all that well at first. she starts off singing about her daily basis stuff...which include things like painting, reading, sewing, cooking etc, and it being done all...well...girly-like. And the music and the all around theme to the song makes her a...Hannah Montana, Hilary Duff...all around modern, teenage inspired, role-model type of girl at first. To me when iwas watching the beginning, that made me feel like Disney was like "oh now that everyone more generally knows we separate the girls from the boys with our Disney princesses, let's admit it more directly and modernly with our next princess since there's no hiding it now" when it came to developing this character. I mean sure, her song is more about trying to get out of the tower so she can finally live her life outside of all of that but still. Thankfully she slowly but surly, turned out to be a fun character. SO she started out terrible but came back much more lovable.

Eugene: he had his cute parts. but the type of character he was has been done before. I did love that they did not get carried away with the joke about his wanted posters at all.

The chameleon: he as a little cute.

Gothel: she was a nice villain. not really dark but evil enough.

The Horse: Now the horse i liked. he was very entertaining. I often quietly laughed at the things they had for the horse. he was just a fun cartoon character.

animation: again, dreamworks like. and let's not forget that it was in 3D. seriously hollywood...STOP THE FRICKING 3D THING!!!! it's mostly pointless, your ticket is more expensive, you guys are just giving unnecessary grandeur on an idea that's just...a little nice...and that is it.


so it's just a nice movie. altogether, Disney is ganna have to do better than that to get back in their game of making timeless classics. so YEA!!! that Disney has reached making a total of 50 theatrical animated movies.

1 comment:

  1. Great review once again H.A.K. Still, I will say I liked "I've Got A Dream" since it shows that deep down there's good inside each and every single one of those thugs. But we both have our opinions though. Just out of curiosity, is it just me, or did you think that Maximus looked very much like say Altivo from The Road To El Dorado?

    ReplyDelete