Thursday, January 28, 2016

Taken



So the Christmas prior to the one we just had, I got two movies from the family white elephant gift. I saw one before, but I haven't reviewed either. So I'm going to fix that with the one I haven't seen before: Taken

Plot: Retired CIA field operative Bryan Mills attempts to build a closer relationship with his daughter, Kim, who lives with her mother and stepfather. But when Kim and her best friend go to France and they are captured by human traffickers, Bryan must fly to France to - you guessed it, look for the traffickers, find them, and kill them.

It is a little hard to say a whole lot about this film, since it's kind of a standard action film. It really is the standard going to various locations, and giving us all this mindless, fun car chases, gun fights, and it's all just one guy against a lot of other guys. And yet, this movie has gained some popularity, mainly because of two reasons. First and foremost, that it's Liam Neeson; Nesson is what really gives this movie any kind of strength. Even if the majority of the film is him doing standard, mindless, over-the-top, action, he still makes it fun. The second reason you be the popular line, "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. " It is not the most original line, but Nesson delivers it in the way that makes it really epic. If anything else to say, I do personally really like the relationship between Neeson's character and his daughter. I think the development how they cared about one another worked very well in getting you to care about Kim's kidnapping and thus root for Bryan. I know they have to do that, I'm just saying that they did it particularly well in my book.

And that's my review for Taken. I like the relationship between Bryan and Kim, and having Liam Neeson star the film with that classic line goes without saying. But there really isn't much to say about it aside from that apart from it mostly being your typical, mindless action fun.

Rating: 55%

No comments:

Post a Comment