Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sunrise (1927)

My Rating: 100%

We just saw this film last Thursday during my Development of Film Expression class. And for me at the last, it did keep me on my seat.

Plot: A woman from the City goes to the country on a summer vacation and starts an affair with a man who is happily married to his Wife who knows about the affair along with everyone else in the village. The woman from the city tells the man to drown his wife and run away with her to the city. The Man is furious at first but then agrees. The next day he sets off across the lake with his wife debating on whether or not he should still carry out The Woman's plan.

This was a very well done film. The beginning and the end are the biggest parts in terms of drama and suspense while the rest of it is just fun. The cinematography is good as far as I know (I'm not that savvy at cinematography just yet...if ever) and it was just a good film all around. And the acting and the story was just very good.

Acting/Characters:
George O'Brian/The Man:He did an excellent job. He did brilliant on how this character changes throughout this film and how he reacts to whatever situation he is currently in.
Margaret Livingston/The Woman: Well she was definitely a villain, and she acted like one. I liked the last scene with her and the Man at the end.
Janet Gaynor/The Wife: She did a very good job in showing how she was sweet an innocent. No wonder she won the first Oscar for Best actress for it along with two other films.

Music: It was very good. It definitely helped with what was going on the film as it should since this was a silent film.

Editing: It was very well done.

And that is my review for Sunrise:A Song Of Two Humans. I haven't seen a lot of silent films, but with what I've seen, I would agree that it's one of the best there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment